REMEMBER, I

Young Girl



Have you been in a place once before time,
Before you knew that you once had a life?
That the scenery was all so nostalgic,
That you almost felt like you were for once home?

The moment you close your eyes,
A soft touch of the wind,
Felt from within a touch on your cheek,
As pure and as divine that it froze your mind,

A place where you could hide,
When the world was cruel and fate seemed ill,
A place where your tears will be wiped,
A comfort touch, yet again, on your cheek,

Well, I do remember those feelings,
The only place where I know that I can lie to rest,
To hide myself from the cruel beatings from outside,
Back into your arms, back into your heart,

Even when I stand up by myself this time,
I will remember those touch as soft as yours,
That gave me the will to look up the sky,
And show to the world, that I remember who I am.

2 comments:

Twitted by lightyoruichi said...

[...] This post was Twitted by lightyoruichi [...]

Madeira said...

Hi,

Great poem! Fantastic photo, or is it a painting? If you took the photo I would love to ask you permission to paint it.

Thanks, Helen

Post a Comment

top